Worried About Someone Skimming the Signal From Your RFID-Enabled Passport?
Block them with this RFID-blocking passport cover
As of October, 2006, the US State Department issued rules dictating that all US passports must have embedded RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags. The chips are designed to hold biometric data for passport holders and to make passports much harder to counterfeit.
You don't have to be paranoid to be concerned about the implications of RFID tags built into your personal identification. From a distance, anyone with the right equipment can read the contents of that chip. This passport holder contains a layer of RF shielding that prevents RFID readers from reading any passive tags stored within it.
- Prevents unauthorized access to personal information
- Blocks unauthorized RFID readers for improved security
- Easily allow passports to be scanned without removal from case
- Features four card slots and a window
- Measures 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"
- Available in smooth black leather or textured wine leather
You lock your car, why not lock your personal information too!